Sunday, January 27, 2013

Messenger


 One more of the messenger bags from zaberry.  I really love how easily these go together.  Owen picked one of my favorite fabrics out of my stash... I was "saving it" for ... well must have been for this!

 Cute turtles remind me of Otis.  It was a present for his friend's birthday!  I hope she loves it as much as we do!.  I also got to try out my new soap mold Brian got me for Christmas.  I haven't used a bar mold before.  Recipe... on teh bottom, the thin natural soap book recipe... plain recipe but with a tablespoon of peppermint and a tablespoon of lemongrass the top layer (after I realized one batch was way too small) is with red clay for color (why not make a layered soap?) and ... um, maybe rosemary. Oh my, I forget.
 Pretty good, I used our miter box to cut them, I would make the soap fatter next time though, otherwise it worked pretty well.  I did have two of the bars separate on the layers when I cut them, but otherwise, pretty smooth.
UPDATE:  Okay, I keep this in the garage to cure, and yes, we had mice.  Mice LOVE to eat soap.  I heard that you could use peppermint EO to deter mice, not these hungry fellas, they totally noshed on my soap... seriously!  I am comfortable enough giving them a good rinse off and use them at home, but we cannot give these away.  It was basically the chicken feed they gnawed a hole in the bag to access... totally understandable, it is now in a metal tin..and the soap, which was delicious.  Mice are ... one ewwww, and two:  weird.
 And one more new project, cute wolf hood for Owen, I made a cute bear for grace but haven't snapped a picture yet, though love the fabric... the ears are a wee smaller than I would like, but not bad.

No comments: